onsdag den 9. januar 2013

One Breath

I teach alot, being it Martial arts, self defense or some of the management stuff at my day work. A part of it is stepping into a situation and start teaching on a subject I ain't necessary 100% into. It's stressful and dealing with customers you have to step into character.

Last class go me thinking about preapring to a situation you know you are going into. A lot of self defense is about not knowing and getting into the "fight" from that situation. But some people will know in advance that they are going into a situation. Learning to prepare for this is also a part of the training, and making this preparation as short as possible.

Taking " a step" back and see how to set up and get ready many use rituals. Some sports people have a certain ritual they run through. Some entertainers have special quotes or movements to set the right frame of mind. I've grown up with martial arts, and meditation associated to it., in some schools very elaborate breathing techniques while in others, just three quick deep breaths. Also in some classes certain gestures like bowing or making hand/arm movements, the same each time, were a part of the daily training ritual.

But the breathing was the single most thing that connected directly to my core, both physically and mentally, and connecting it to training(and by time) and teaching, it became my mental and physical button.

Stepping into a situation mentally and physically aligns my body and mind, and makes it more focused, when I do one breath. A strong tool for getting prepared on short notice. Practice your breathing, and connect it to what you want to use it for..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar